Advertisement

Ochun...ibu kole

topic posted Wed, August 5, 2009 - 6:56 PM by  CC
Share/Save/Bookmark
can anyone share anything about this path...u see theres so many diffrent storys and path..but this one ..is one that lives in my home...so if anyone has any insight..i would be very greatfull...;-)
posted by:
CC
offline CC
Florida
Advertisement
  • Re: Ochun...ibu kole

Tue, January 19, 2010 - 4:10 PM
    CC

This is what I have:
    Ibú Ikolé - a very poor road of Oshún. Her one dress turned yellow from washing it in the river.She is the vulture, who took the world's pleas up to Olorun in heaven to save the world from drought.

Fri, January 22, 2010 - 9:28 PM
    Yeah seven is right. And also in this path she is a very powerful sorceress. Using this time alone in the forest to hone her skills in the "sciences". Ibu Kole is known as the witch aspect of Oshun.

Sat, January 23, 2010 - 6:33 PM
      I have heard that in this road of oshun you would place 5 small cups of honey around her sopera ,5 brown eggs and 5 little wood made cups, and in each one of those wooden cups she wood prepare her special powders one cup per purpose.....I have heard that she is very good with making powders work for her......I have seen people with this path put a fan over her made out of 5 vulcher feathers to wear off any bad powders that have been thrown at her living place. The five cups of honey that one would place in front of her after five days or more from being in front of ochun you could use it for a bath ...or wipe it on to your face and wait about 5 to 10 minutes and than wash it off that would bring some love and care in to any ones life. You could also wipe some on to your front door like on the frame and place cotton over it and that would bring in good vibes or more clients in to a business......

ASHE

Fri, March 19, 2010 - 10:15 PM
    Hello:) I am a priestess of oshun and my camino is ibukole.
    No offense to anyone, but I have a problem with anyone saying that this is the poorest road of Oshun.That is very "Storybook".
    This is the most fierce path of Oshun. The witch. Also a bit of a loner as this road of Oshun is very selective as to who she spends her time with. The priestesses and priets in this road of Oshun is most often found in healing arts and entrepenuership. Healing art s due to her connection with the witches and entrepeneurship due to theyre ability to create . Therefore, many of the priests/priestesses in this path
    are very successful entrepenuers.
    Also, it is in this path that has the most adversity of any of the paths .
    This is one orisha that is seriously misunderstood.

Fri, March 19, 2010 - 11:35 PM
      thank you for revealing new aspects of this road. I've always been fascinated by this road of Osun-- more her warrior/witch aspect than the poverty story. Glad you spoke up. Thanks for sharing. You could share more, if you wish, to give even more clarity and perspective to this camino...

Mon, March 22, 2010 - 10:59 PM
        thank you mari..thats my mother in santo..im crowned with Chango..but ibu kole is my momie..;-)..do u know..i learned to love her when i got crowned,,there was such a fight between these santas..but ochun put her foot down on that..;-)..she even fought with chango..cuz she wanted to be on my head..but chango is the rightfull owner here...but to be honest,,i learned to respect and love her when i got crowned..at first i didnt..but thats a long story..;-)..but more and more..she blesses me with her protection everyday.;-)and when i feel lost..its ochun that showers me with her love..beleave that!..

Wed, March 24, 2010 - 8:12 PM
          Your welcome. Oshun is very misunderstood. She is often seen to aleyos as the sweet beautiful happy bla bla bla.......................
          seductress bla bla bla........always looking in the mirror. Well, she is those thing BUT that is the superficial things of Oshun.
          Yes she is sweet(when your keeping her happy), yes she is beautiful, yes she CAN be a seductress because she knows it works to get what she wants and she always gets what she wants. Yes she does look in the mirror because she likes the way she looks, HOWEVER, the mirror really represents introspection, of ones self. Oshun teaches this as this is the only way one can truly heal.
          Also, this is one orisha you dont want to mess with ! You must listen to her if you dont she feels very disrespected and you will know.
          I also have a problem with this thing that Oshun is permiscuous. She is far from it. As a matter of fact she is more of a tease lol
          This is where she is misunderstood. Her attitude is " What makes you think you deserve this": She uses her SENSUALITY to get what she wants if she needs to and has no problem doing it .

Wed, March 24, 2010 - 11:58 PM
            Mari I love how you stated that. One of my pet peeves are that when there is mention of an Orisha it is always the most scandalous or most sensational aspect that always get addressed but, with the exception of Obatala never really hear of any endearing or virtuous qualities. Each Orishas purpose is vital and you cannot have one without all and for that all respect and acknowledgment should be due. What is industry without Ogun, change without Oya, healing without Osain.... etc.

Sun, March 28, 2010 - 10:25 AM
              Thank You Mari....much respect girl...u stated ..what i have always felt!..there is more to this beautifull orisha...she is very over protective of her children..the same way she gives..she can take away..to teach us the value of it all...she gives the joy and laughter in life..its riches from with in...even many children of ochun dont realize that..she is fear's when deffending her children...in my opinion..i feel they take advantage of her ..not knowing ..she is 10 steps ahead of it all..Ochun should not be lightly taken..she holds many mysterys under her skirt.;-)

Mon, March 29, 2010 - 3:11 PM
              yes that is true and the most sensational aspect that could be possibly negative is what we are supposed to learn from. It is when we learn from those things that we truly become evolved as priestesses of our orisha faith. It is then when we find our true destiny in life.
              Oshun and Shango priestesses/priest actually do have very much in comon, the fact that it is essential to look on the inside to evolve and to stop focusing on external gratification.
              • Unsu...

Re: Ochun...ibu kole

Mon, March 29, 2010 - 7:22 PM
                I like how u worded that Mari Ache..

Mon, March 29, 2010 - 8:53 PM
                  Ache ! Everyone remember people who really dont know this orisha, might have a tendency to think that they can take advantage. However the more we know her we know she will smile in your face (while she knows that you are trying to take advanatge)
                  . and it it is during that time (again while smiling in your face)that she will allow you to "dig your own grave" to see how far that you would actually go to try to take advantage of her or her children. Once again smiling, watching, laughing (while one thinks they are getting away with everything ) and then...................................................................... SUPRISE
                  This is one Orisha that is once again misunderstood. One always wants to be on Oshuns goodside.
                  Interesting her daughters are also misunderstood. Can be perceived to be superficial, etc etc. An evolved priestess is far far from superficial.

Recent topics in "Orisha Devotees"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Leaking Tinaja :( Anna 3 Yesterday, 7:56 AM
Muertera??? Jessica79 1 October 16, 2014
ITADOGUN 10/7/2014 Fagbemijo Am... 0 October 8, 2014
October 2014 (Osu Owara) Ifa and Orisha Calendar Fagbemijo Am... 0 October 4, 2014