Advertisement

Ogunda Odi

topic posted Mon, May 13, 2013 - 5:40 AM by  T.
Share/Save/Bookmark
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could share insight on this Odu. I received this in Ire from Obatala Ayaguna(my crown) during my crowning.
posted by:
T.
offline T.
Chicago
Advertisement
  • Re: Ogunda Odi

Tue, May 14, 2013 - 8:46 AM
    NOT TO BE A STICK IN THE MUD......I WOULD BE CAREFUL NOT TO DEVULGE SUCH SECRETS,YOUR ITA IS FOR YOU,NOT THE WORLD,DID'NT THE ORIATE OR OBA GIVING YOU ITA MEANTION THAT TO YOU.STRANGERS SHOULD'NT KNOW WHAT WAS CASTED AT YOUR OCHA,TOO MUCH INFORMATION.WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS A REAL NO NO .CAST NOT YOUR PEARLS BEFORE SWINE,NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE ON THE TRIBE,ITS JUST A PROVERB.....IN OTHER WORDS DON'T GIVE THE SECRETS OF YOUR HEAD AND DESTINY TO OTHERS,THIS KIND OF INFORMATION SHARED LIGHTLY CAN BE YOUR UNDOING.AGAIN I SAY BEWARE.......KEEP ITA TO YOURSELF,IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT IT ASK THE PERSON WHO CASTED THE ITA,YOUR GODPARENTS,OR WHOEVER WAS PRESENT AT YOUR ITA,WOW, UNBELIEVEABLE................YOU ARE NOT AFRAID THAT INFORMATION CAN BE USED AGAINST YOU?,DO YOU NOT KNOW THERE ARE WITCHES UP HERE ON TRIBE.NET?THERE ARE FOLKS OUT HERE WHO LOVE TO HAVE THAT PERSONAL INFORMATION? ITA IS YOUR LIFE,IT IS THE CORE AND FIBER OF YOUR BEING AND YOUR ESSENCE,DON'T GIVE IT AWAY FREELY LIKE THAT....WAKE THE HELL UP!!!!!!!!! STOP ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE THIS: DON'T YOU HAVE GODPARENTS? A YUBBONNA? SOMEONE WHO KNOWS YOU WELL?WHO YOU TRUST WITH YOUR LIFE?I WAS TOLD AT OCHA,NEVER SHARE THIS ITA WITH ANYONE,I WAS TOLD TO BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL OF ANYONE KNOWING WHAT IS CONTAINED THERE.MAYBE YOUR HOUSE OPPORATES DIFFERENTLY,UNBELIEVEABLE...........

Wed, May 15, 2013 - 3:41 AM
    Iboru iboya ibochiche

One of the things that makes this ironic is that Ogunda Dio speaks of bad advice and treachery... *sigh*

The taboo that Darrell mentions is a strong one in parts of the Cuban/Lukumi community, but I think the fear is not so much brujeria and witchcraft as it is that the initiate will get a lot of bad advice, even well-meaning bad advice, and end up so confused they do not live their proper Ita. This is true in any religious gathering, and three times so on the Internet. Everyone will have an opinion about the sign, and will tell you in great detail what you "should" and "shouldn't" be doing... but they aren't the Oba who was present at your crowning. When in doubt, always refer back to your actual Ita. Keep those taboos and live that advice, and leave the rest of it in the category of "interesting things to know".

Now, that having been said... these days there are a lot of half-assed, bootleg Itas being given that don't actually speak to the sign or which are woefully incomplete. IF (and only if) you have concerns about your Ita, speak to your godparent and/or ayubona. They can guide you and let you know what to do next, whether it's take the libreta to another more skilled Oba, etc.

Many signs have a lot of things in them, and many of the things may not apply to a given person. For example, Ogunda Biode's greatest osogbo is alcohol - they must not drink under any circumstances. If the Ita is for someone who is 60 years old and a teetotaler, that doesn't need to be emphasized, so it may not get mentioned. Someone who is 20 and obsessed with partying, however, gets told that eleventeen times during Ita.

Hope this helps...

Onareo

Ogbe Di
  • Unsu...

Re: Ogunda Odi

Thu, June 20, 2013 - 1:30 AM
    Ogunda Di left all the araye in the padrinos house because it came to the house running from the osogbos, and when he gets out he was dressen of an Iyawo an the Osogbos do not recognize him and when to hit the padrinos, hupps you going to have issues whit you elders son, Obbatala is piss what you need to find out if it is whit You or You elders. Oddun harsh, Pinaldo is mandatory in orden to break that letter, health
    issues, severall that can lead to a surgery Oggun is HOT very HOT. do not carry weapons of any kind.

Thu, June 20, 2013 - 12:17 PM
    T., as others have said, the internet is not the place to try to interpret your itá, for a lot of reasons. First, your ita should be recorded in your libreta (notebook) and your godparent should be available to discuss it with you if you have completed your year of iyaboraje and all the required ceremonies. You should not be asking strangers to interpret your itá. This is the most intimate information in the world, and while I don't think it is necessarily dangerous to tell other people, I don't think it's appropriate to talk about what odu came out in your itá, unless those people are trusted religious elders from your own house. It's like discussing intimate family secrets or details of your private sex life with strangers, not a good idea. Some things you should keep to yourself. How the odu is interpreted can vary, it depends on a lot of factors, and you want to be sure the information you're getting is reliable and consistent with the teachings of your house. If you have completed your year of iyaboraje you have a right to know more about your itá but it is up to your elders to explain it to you. There is nothing wrong with reading general information about Ogunda and general information about Odi, but in terms of how this composite should be read, you have to know if it came in iré or osorbo, what kind of osorbo, etc. It is important to take into consideration all the factors to get the right take on this. Blessings.

Recent topics in "Orisha Devotees"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Giving Ayaguna Rum? T. 15 July 24, 2014
7/19/2014 ITADOGUN Fagbemijo Am... 0 July 20, 2014
Question for Ikofa/Plante for a Child Jessica79 5 July 14, 2014
Daughter of Oshun? Rakita 4 July 10, 2014