Advertisement

Pomba Gira who is this woman and why is she working through me?

topic posted Mon, April 16, 2007 - 4:04 PM by  Maria
Share/Save/Bookmark
Who is Pomba Gira and what are the signs of when she is working through a person.
posted by:
Maria
New Jersey
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

Pomba Gira is a hot one, is wise to tread carefully with Pomba Gira!
    • Well lately I have been not only dealing with matters of the heart but my sex drive has become insatisable wanting to become promiscouis and I have been fantasizing about dancing to the beat of drums and becoming tranced by my spirits.
      For a while I began searching for a reason I had been acting that way because it is not my typical behavior. My friend who also practices the religon and who has held possessions before gave me the advice that it was Pomba Gira working through me.
      If she is I want to work with her to help me with my affairs of my love life. But on the other hand I was told I am a child of Ochun so I am wondering who should I go to for help
      • Unsu...

If you have a madrina, and were on the steps to initiation in orisa, you should go discuss this with her. If not, go seek out a madrina of umbanda for advice. It is not wise to work with spirits if you are not initiated, and protected, and properly taught to worship. Pomba Gira is associated sometimes with Eshu, so great care should be exercised in exploring this area. And that care should be under the careful eye of godparents. Just because Pomba Gira is wild passionate, does not mean s/he should be approached any less carefully than any other
        spirit. But a lukumi house will most likely not be dealing with Pomba Gira. My 2 cents, discard at will.
  • i have herd like the other post said Pomba Gira is a Little wild this what i herd
    from many others too I am still learning so i am not Much help
    • Alafia,
      Pomba Gira, gypsy, world spinner....A little wild is an understatement. Pomba Gira, in most of her numerous incarnations, for lack of a better term is a down and dirty streetwalker. Many images of her are depicted bare breasted and sporting a necklace of bloody skulls, similiar to some of the legends about Kali. I agree with the earlier post that you should attempt to seek more professional council from your elders...I've seen many things go wrong when inexperienced practitioners try to "handle" her. I even had one of my students fall to the ground and start barking just because they were standing next to someone who tried to invoke her improperly. Now don't think I'm trying to scare you, i just have to say these things. Thems the rules :)
      Traditionally she is a Brazilian based goddess, and you will find most of her worshippers in the city of Rio. There is a good book on her if you can find it... called simply Pomba Gira :Enchantments to invoke the formidable powers of the female messenger of the gods by Teixeira. It is a bit pricey maybe someone can find it for you in a library. As for your Oshun reference, she could be responsible for some of the emotions you are feeling, but without divination or again guidance from your spiritual godparents, it's anyone's guess.
      • I believe Pomba Giras to be female egun working in the line of Elegbara. Everybody has one (or more) and they serve an important function in receiving energies that you must discharge and also in your protection. This is not to say you should fool around in evoking them without supervision in a secure ritual setting. You do not need to behave like her!
  • Hi Pompa Gira wife of legba is very sexual and she just may want you to ask her for something in the matters of love. Think about it when you started feel her presence? where you having men troubles or were you or are you looking fo a partner? if not she just may want to be acknowledged by you in that case dress sexy black/ and red and turn the music on and dance and light a red candle with red roses and she ll be happy and leave you alone. U sually when you feel a presence they want something so just calmly ask them want they want and listen carefully and patiently usually is just an acknowledgement and a candle.
  • I Have began parking to pomba gira to ask her guidance and help in matters of the heart but I had no spiritual guidance when it came to working w her. I live in the u.s in California but have no idea how to find a person who can guide me in this. I also work with holly death and haven't had guidance either. I have become more sex hungry since I've worked w pomba Gira...
    • I think there is a bit of misinformation, or misunderstanding in the least, about Pomba Gira. She's not all about sex, and if your libido is in overdrive I'm not so sure you should blame that on Pomba Gira. Eros, are you near the bay? If so, there are folks with real experience with Umbanda that I may be able to connect you to. Inbox me.
  • Axé Maria,
    I agree with those in this community that suggested you seek help of your religious guide or elderly. I don’t have any other suggestion but hope you don’t mind some general comments about Pomba-Gira.
    Pomba-Gira is very popular in Brazil and she has a large number of people asking for her help in questions of love and sexuality. She is a female exu, many times understood as the female quality of Eshu or Eshu’s wife. The name comes from the Candomblé de Angola: in Bantu language, Eshu is often called Bongbogirá. The word Bongbogirá was corrupted into Pomba-Gira or Pombagira or Pombajira. Since in Portuguese language the termination in letter “a” usually means female gender, the name became applicable to female exus.
    Pomba-Gira is mainly an Umbanda entity. Umbanda is a Brazilian religion, combining Afro-Brazilian religions, Kardecism and Catholicism. The entities in Umbanda are divided in Right side (good entities) and Left side (evil or pragmatic entities). The exus (not to be confounded with Eshu, Legba) and pombagiras are in the left side.
    Pombagiras are always very sensual. They frequently show themselves laughing loud, saying curse words, dressed in explicit way, displaying rude behavior but may also come in a very refined, sophisticated quality. The common denominator is high level of sensuality. There are many pombagiras, being (arguably) Maria Padilha the best-known pombagira. Reginaldo Prandi listed the following pombagiras:
    Pombagira Rainha
    Maria Padilha
    Pombagira Sete Saias
    Maria Molambo
    Pombagira da Calunga
    Pombagira Cigana
    Pombagira do Cruzeiro
    Pombagira Cigana dos Sete Cruzeiros
    Pombagira das Almas
    Pombagira Maria Quitéria
    Pombagira Dama da Noite
    Pombagira Menina
    Pombagira Mirongueira
    Pombagira Menina da Praia.
    Each one of them has peculiarities, but in general they like red and black silk, fancy underwear, perfumes, jewelry, cigarettes, red roses and champagne.
    This note turned to be too long! If you have any interest I can send you some more info…
    Best,
    Julio
  • Does anyone know the height or the approximate height of the pomba giras? Are they of short stature like around 5 feet or 4 feet 11"? In the pictures she is portrayed as a very beautiful and intriguing sensual lady. I have been doing a novena to get an ex lover back, and might have seen a sensual lady with long black wavy hair out of the corner of my eye. She also seemed very short and petite.
    • You should seek an umbandista for an orientation about PG, before assuming that entities you see are her. You should google templo guaracy to see if there are any Umbanda houses in your area. If there aren't, you may be able to contact someone at one of the templos to see if they can connect you with someone. Good luck.
  • hi, i am doing the pomba gira prayer and i have seen some results with my ex, is coming back slowly, so i still doing it for second time , I amnot sure what to do with the gifts for her, I put a red candle each time i do the pray and i turn it off when i finish , and to thanks her i put a red rose twice and then i take the rose to a vase, is it right? once i sprayed mi expensive perfume in her image. can anyone advice me how to give her gifts to thanks her , I want her to make my wishes come true. please i need advice. this is the spanish version i pray
    POMPA GIRA DE LAS 7 SAYAS MI REINA conosco tu fuerza y tu poder te pido encarecidamente q vayas a mi hombre SRWL haciendole pensar en mi MAGA las 24 horas del dia, que no tenga ojos para ninguna que no sea yo su mujer MAGA que SRWL quede excitado de solo oir mi voz que piense en hacerme su esposa que aumente su nostalgia y su deseo de verme, quedar conmigo, que tenga muchos celos de mis pasos que se arrepienta de haberme dejado ir y ahora quiera casarse conmigo MAGA. Que SRWL sea cariñoso, amoroso, dedicado que piense en mi MAGA todo el tiempo que no tenga ojos para ninguna otra mujer que no sea yo MAGA, que solo yo MAGA sea la unica mujer para SRWL que SRWL tenga solo un proposito hacer a MAGA su esposa ya esta hecho. Confio en TI MI REINA, que SRWL venga a mi MAGA muy apasionado y loco de amor, que SRWL, sea solo mìo, para mì MAGA. SALVE POMPA GIRA REINA DE LAS 7 ENCRUCIJADAS, confio en tu poder voy a divulgar tu nombre por las cuatro esquinas del mundo, confio en ti socorre a mi pedido. SALVE POMPA GIRA REINA DE LAS 7 ENCRUCIJADAS Y TODAS LAS DE SU FALANGE, trainganme a SRWL a mi MAGA como mi marido, asi como el gallo canta el burro relincha, la campana toca, la cabra berra asi tu mi SRWL has de andar detras de mi MAGA, asi como el sol aparece, la lluvia cae, vas a ser dominado por mi MAGA, preso debajo de mi pie izquierdo SRWL, con 2 ojos te veo, con 3 yo te prendo SRWL, con mi angel de la guarda te pido que SRWL ande detras de mi MAGA como una cobra arrastrandose que me ame locamente que solo sienta deseos por mi, que no consiga ver con ojos de deseo a ninguna otra mujer que no sea yo MAGA que atienda a todas mis voluntades, que nunca me haga sufrir, que cuando se acueste siempre este en su pensamiento y se acuerde de mi MAGA, que SRWL no pueda vivir sin mi MAGA que sus pensamientos y deseos sean siempre para mi MAGA, que SRWL no pueda vivir sin mi MAGA, que sus pensamientos y deseos sean siempre para mi MAGA, que SRWL, sea cariñoso romantico me ame y sienta celos por mi MAGA, que asi sea y asi es por el poder de San Cipriano asi sea y asi es ya, SRWL va a vivir detras de mi MAGA, arrastrandose humilde y manso para que podamos tener una buena convivencia, unidos, casados y felices para siempre.Pido esto al poder de las 3 almas negras que vigila San Cipriano que asi sea y asi es ya que SRWL me quiera de una vez como su mujer MAGA que los enemigos no nos vean ni molesten asi sea asi sera y asi esta hecho. MI REINA POMPA GIRA DE LAS 7 SAYAS pido que amarres a SRWL en los 7 de sus sayas y en los 7 guizos de su ropa para mi MAGA que SRWL no este con ninguna otra mujer que no sea yo MAGA que todas las mujeres se aparten de el definitivamente que SRWL solo me tenga a mi MAGA como su mujer, siempre en sus pensamientos y en su corazon que SRWL jamas me abandone a mi MAGA que SRWL siempre me busque en todo momento y que sienta placer solamente conmigo. MI REINA POMPA GIRA DE LAS 7 ENCRUCIJADAS pido que SRWL quede ciego de amor por mi MAGA lleno de amor que el sienta placer solamente conmigo que asi sea y asi esta hecho. En agradecimiento divulgare tu nombre MI REINA. que SRWL me busque y me necesite las 24 horas del dia a mi MAGA que SRWL me extrañe y quede loco de deseos de verme y de tenerme en sus brazos a mi MAGA. SALVE POMPA GIRA REINA DE LAS 7 ENCRUCIJADAS confio plenamente en tu fuerza y en tu poder para alcanzar mi deseo.
    • Gracias Mi Reina Pomba Gira
      Make sure that the person you want is the one you really want because once you bind that person to you there is no turning back,he/she shall be yours.Pray with lots of faith it shall be granted.Powerful lady of the crossroads,lady of all roads,owner of the streets and the red roses.Beautiful lady that your beauty be the beauty of our roads, that your strengh be the strengh that destroyes our enemies declared and hidden.Pomba gira that your charm be the charm of my desires come true.Mote it be.By the powers of the earth,by the presense of fire,by the inspiration of air,by the virtues of water I invoke Maria padilha by the strengh of the sacred hearts and the tears of love so she goes where (his/her name here)and where you find (his/her name here)to bring him in spirit body and soul before me(your name)biding definitely to me (your name).Hail Pomba-gira Maria Padilha queen of the 7 crossroadsI ask you this way: now woman spin come to me woman spin in my favor making my beloved(name); that he falls completely in love with me; Asking as well: air move, fire transform, water form, earth heal; and the wheel turns, and turns, and turns; making my beloved(name) loving me subdued and crawling after me(Your Name).Salve Pomba Gira queen of 7 crossroads, salve 7 sayas and her sisters Maria Padilla, salve Maria Mulambo, and all others of the falange;salve 7 sayas my good and glorious princess protector of women and men Saying:I know your strength and your power;I ask that you attend my wish. that the spirit ,body and soul of (his/her name)is showered and fills with the essence of my love and that he returns it 4 times fold.that (his/her name)loves me(your name)that his body spirit and soul only belong to me,that (his/her name)lives,breathes,sings,work s,has fun only in my presence (your name)that my shackles imprison him forever by the powers of this prayer.My pombas gira use your power and distance (his/her name) from any woman (man) that he/she is with in this moment and if he/she was with one that he/she calls him/her by my name (your name)I want to bind the spirit body and soul of (his/her name)because I wanted him/her binded and in love with me ( your name)I want (his/her name) depends on my loveI want him crazy in love with me( your name)Desiring me like i was the only and last woman/man on the face of the earth.I want his heart attached to me(yourname)eternally in the name of the great Queen Maria Padilha that this feeling blooms inside of (his/her name)leaving it imprisoned to (your name)24 hours a day.Oh Pomba gira Queen Maria Padilha you shall bring (his/her name) for me(your name) because i desrire him and i want him promply.By your hidden powers that (his/her name) starts loving me(your name)at thsi very moment and that (his/her name) only thinks of me (your name) like i was the only person and (woman/man) in the world.That he comes running towards me(your name)filled with hope and desire, that (his/her name) only has peace ,calm tranquility hope,work,health happyness only by my side (your name)that (his/her name)comes to see me and comes back to me(your name)with your power and infinite strengh open all the doors to (his/hername) and me (your name)so we can be together and make each other happy and that we have work love,care,health and family together (his/hername)and me (your name).My queen Maria Padilha I beg you that you bring me (his/her name)that (his her name)loves me alot,comes submissive,humbled under my feel like (your name) wish.I thank the great Queen Maria Padilha and i promise to keep your name always with meOh! powerful Pomba gira of the 7 exus I want my beloved (his/her name) back because he saddens and depresses me with his rejection distance and indifference that (his/her name)forgets and leaves once and for all, all the other love interests and all the people that want to separate us .That (his/her name)gets dissapointed and grows cold with other women,that any other women that is with (his/her name) leaves his life immediately that no other woman can achieve that (his /her name) feels pleasure,only i (your name) will have that power given by you my queen.That (his/her name) leaves all the other women that (his/her name)feels desires,pleasure and love only with me (your name)and sees me like the only love in his life that (his name)feels uninterested of going out with other women and that accepts once and for all that he loves me and only wants me (your name) and that (his/her name)only wants to be with me (your name)and noone else and noone else.That (his/her name) feels pleasure and love only with me and for me (your name) that (his/her name)feels good happy at peace and loved only when he is by my side (your name).That (his/her name) comes to me(your name) and ask for my love and my forgiveness and asks me (your name)to marry him.Oh! beautiful and powerful Pomba gira of the 7 exus that in this moment (his/her name)wants to be only with me and that he does the impossible so that this may happen.That he only wants to be with me and noone else not even friends,women,men,clients,fami ly.That (his/her name)thinks only of me (your name)and thinking how he is going to help me to make me(your name)happy.And how he is going to fight for our love so it continues and we can be together the two of us happyly married together forever,I need my queen Pomba gira that you give me a sign, a call a text from (his/her name)or any other type of contact to let me know if (his/her name) thinks of me and wants me (your name) so that he may take this darkness and depression i am in.That (his/her name)talks to me that he/she feels she/he misses me,needs me and wants me near more than ever.You are powerful and strong,bring (his/her name) to my feet forever,that he comes running that he leaves everything and everyone that he forgets about family,customs, friends,work,women,men,and that (his/her name)only loves and thinks of me(your name).Beautiful and powerful Pomba gira of the 7 exus with your great and invincible power destroy,bring down,finish,take,make dissapear all the barriers,people,spells,works and hexes that are not allowing (his/her name) from coming to me (your name) and loves me deeply and that he desires to be with me(your name).I want my beloved (his/her name)always loving me,admiring me, taking care of me,protect me.That when (his her name)goes to bed thinks of (your name),my queen i ask that you make (his/her name) feel for me a love and desire outside of the normal and common something unexplainable like he never felt for anyone else and will never feel again just for me(your name) that this doesnt scare him/her that this motivate him to start fighting for our love so we can be together (his/her name) and me (your name) and be happy together.That (his/her name) only has sexual desires only for me(your name) and noone else.That his desires and good thoughts are only for me (your name) that his thoughts ,gentleness,love,tenderness,mo ney,details are only for me(your name).Only I (your name)will have this power given by you my queen.Salve 7 sayes by the 7 exus that follow your steps I ask and beg you to bind (his her name)in the 7 sayas and the 7 guisos of his clothes just for me (your name).Beautiful and powerful pomba gira of the 7 exus i ask you,break,turn to dust and dissappear all the strengh,the pride,the dignity,that makes (his/her name)be so cold with me so that (his/her name) becomes lovable,understanding,caring only with me (your name).That (his/her name)cares and loves me very much.That(your name)gets to stay with (his/her name)I also want you my beautiful and powerful Pomba Gira of the 7 exus to distance from (his/her name)every other woman away from him that is after him that (his/her name)ignores them completely and only looks for me and accepts me once and for all so we can be happy together (your name) and (his/her name).That (his/her name)feels attraction,passion,sexual desire and love only for me (your name)that (his /her name) calls me,text me and email me (your name) now and at every moment asking where im at what i am doing and to tell me how much he loves me.That (his/her name) feels nostalgia,desire passion and love for me (your name),that (his/her name)waits and looks for me today and now in this precise moment to tell me how much he loves me and wants me (your name)by his side.I want to hear the voice of (his/her name)asking me to see him/her to be with me telling me he loves me and wants me (your name) that he wants to marry me(your name) and will do the impossible so everything between us works out.Thank you for the fulfilled favor I shall spread your name,I (your name)prophetize in the name of the father the son and the holy ghost.I have confidence in the power of the 7 crossroads that so it will be so it is and so it has been done.I thank you for the asked wish already granted and fulfilled.Every time I read this prayer the stronger it will become.I shall Cry out to the 4 corners of the world asking the mother to grant me(your name) my wish.Make (his/her name)be crazy in love and desire for me(your name)make him fight for our love until its reached,that every tear shed by me (your name)gets transformed into a great love in the heart of (his/her name)I know that the spirits of the falange of pomba gira are blowing in the ears of (his/her name)blowing my name(your name) day and night telling him that he talks to me,that he loves me and that nobody will love him like I do.That he sets his pride aside and comes to me submissive and in love that (his/her name) sleeps thinking remembering and dreaming of me (your name).That he wakes up thinking and loving me(your name).Salve Pomba gira I ask you oh Mother remove from (his/her name)thoughts all the hate,resentment,grudges,anger, upset feelings,anger and anything that went wrong that made him distance himself from me (your name).And that now you turn all that in to a great and unique unconditional love for me(your name)and that (his/her name)thinks only of our love and how to fight for it and that (his/her name)lives crawling and in love with me(your name).So it will be,so it is and so it has been done.I thank you for all that has been done and I am confident that I shall be attended (his/her name) is going to be crazy in love for me (your name) as soon as possible bring (his/her name) back to me.Amen,amen and amen.Copy and paste this petition in 7 different places for your wish to be granted; there is not turning back be condifend and have faith.What ever you promise dont break it.

Recent topics in "Orisha Devotees"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Community Reading -- Itadogun 10/23/2014 Fagbemijo Am... 0 October 23, 2014
May Rain Seven 5 October 20, 2014
Order of Shrines Unsubscribed 4 October 20, 2014
Leaking Tinaja :( Anna 3 October 19, 2014